amarnath yatra kaise karein
The Amarnath Yatra is an annual pilgrimage in India that takes place in the region of Jammu and Kashmir. It is considered one of the most significant Hindu religious journeys and is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
The pilgrimage usually starts in the month of July and continues for a few weeks. Devotees undertake a challenging trek to reach the Amarnath Cave, which is located at an altitude of about 3,888 meters (12,756 feet) in the Himalayas. Inside the cave, there is a naturally formed ice stalagmite, which is believed to represent the lingam (phallic symbol) of Lord Shiva.
The journey to the Amarnath Cave is physically demanding and involves traversing steep terrain and crossing freezing rivers. Pilgrims often face harsh weather conditions and altitude sickness. Despite the challenges, millions of devotees undertake the yatra each year, motivated by their faith and devotion to Lord Shiva.
The yatra is regulated by the government and various authorities to ensure the safety and well-being of the pilgrims. Registration is required, and there are designated routes and camps along the way to provide basic facilities and medical assistance.
It’s worth noting that the information provided is based on the knowledge available up until September 2021. For the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the Amarnath Yatra, it is advisable to refer to official sources and news updates.
HOW TO GO TO AMARNATH YATRA FROM DELHI:-amarnath yatra kaise karein
- Plan your travel: Determine the dates of the yatra and decide on the duration of your trip. The yatra usually takes place in July, but it’s essential to check the official announcements and guidelines for the current year.
- Book your travel tickets: Look for flights or trains from Delhi to Jammu, which is the closest major city to the Amarnath Yatra base camp. Book your tickets in advance to ensure availability.
- Reach Jammu: Once you arrive in Jammu, you have several options to travel to the base camp of the Amarnath Yatra, which is usually in either Baltal or Pahalgam. You can choose to travel by road or opt for a helicopter service.amarnath yatra kaise karein.
- By road: Hire a private taxi or use public transportation to reach Baltal or Pahalgam. It is approximately a 3-4 hour drive from Jammu to Baltal and around a 6-7 hour drive to Pahalgam.amarnath yatra kaise karein.
- By helicopter: Helicopter services are available from Jammu to the holy cave directly. You can book helicopter tickets in advance through the official channels.
- Acquire necessary permits: Obtain the required permits and registration for the yatra. These permits can be obtained online or through designated registration counters. Make sure to carry all the necessary identification documents as specified in the guidelines.amarnath yatra kaise karein.
- Choose the yatra route: Decide on the route you want to take. There are two common routes:
- Baltal Route: This is a shorter and steeper route, suitable for those who prefer a challenging trek. The trek from Baltal to the holy cave is approximately 14 kilometers.
- Pahalgam Route: This is a longer but less steep route, offering picturesque views along the way. The trek from Pahalgam to the holy cave is approximately 32 kilometers.
- Prepare for the trek: Ensure you are physically fit for the yatra and make necessary preparations. Pack appropriate clothing, including warm layers, rain gear, sturdy trekking shoes, and necessary medications. Carry sufficient food, water, and energy snacks for the journey.
- Accommodation: Arrange for accommodation at the base camp before starting the trek. There are various government and private accommodations available in Baltal and Pahalgam. It’s advisable to book in advance to secure a place to stay.
- Follow the yatra guidelines: Stay updated with the official guidelines and instructions provided by the Amarnath Shrine Board. It is crucial to adhere to the rules for your safety and the well-being of fellow pilgrims.